Welcome to the Alliance Health Education Initiative (AHEI), a granting foundation. This website is a resource for members of the American Medical Association Alliance and other health education-oriented groups interested in seeking grants for health projects within their community. For those interested in donating to the AHEI, donations are tax- deductible to the full extent of the law.
AHEI celebrated and honored our 2017 Grant Recipients during the Party with a Purpose Blues Bash at the Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile in Chicago, June 11, 2017. Congratulations to the recipients, listed below. Photos coming soon!
The grant application cycle for 2018 is January 1-February 28. All guidelines and forms are on the Grant Applications page.
2017 AHEI Grant Recipients
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Alliance Heath Education Initiative (AHEI) grantees. The following projects have received funding from AHEI:
- Opioid Awareness Community Education Forum. Kent County Medical Society Alliance, MI. $1700
- Beat Diabetes Through Education and Outcomes. Community Care Clinic of Rowan County, NC. $1000
- Medication Safety…Count It! Lock It! Drop It! Knoxville Academy of Medical Alliance, TN. $1680
- Teen Health Project. Washtenaw County Medical Society Alliance, MI. $270
- Patient Pouch-A-Thon. Greenville County Medical Society Alliance, SC. $350
- Preventing Alcohol Awareness grants went to Knoxville Academy of Medicine Alliance – $1000 and Illinois State Medical Alliance – $1000.
Photos and more information about these grants and our Blues Bash will be posted as available. The party was great fun and a great success! Thanks to Karen Morris, Tom Swan, Barb Hanas, other AHEI Trustees, AMA Alliance volunteers and Next Wave Group staff who assisted in preparing and carrying out the event. Thanks to those who donated items for the auction and to each person who went home with one. Much appreciation to our fabulous performer, Brian Keith Wallen. Thanks to everyone who attended. Your support means a great deal.
While in Chicago, the AHEI Board of Trustees met for our annual transitional meeting. Many thanks to departing charter members Barb Hanas and Gay Bowman. Welcome to new Trustees KC Williams, Barb Savage and Anne Marie Hayes. We look forward to working with our AMA Alliance appointee, Mary Beth Ellison, and Cami Pond ex officio.
2017-18 AHEI Board of Trustees
Chairman—Pat Klettke (UT) 2018
Vice Chairman— Dinah Goldenberg (ND) 2019
Secretary— Tom Swan (OH) 2018
Treasurer— Kirk Doan (MO) 2019
Advisor— Mary Shuman (MO) 2018
Board of Trustees:
Jo Terry (TN) 2018
Karen Morris (MS) 2019
Danita Horne (MS) 2020
Anne Marie Hayes (IL) 2020
Barbara Savage (NC) 2020
KC Williams (NE) 2020
Mary Beth Ellison, AMA Alliance appointed liaison
Cami Pond, AMA Alliance President Elect, ex officio
Council of Advisors: