AHEI grants will be awarded to organized AMA Alliance state and county component Alliances and other health-related civic and charitable organizations. If the applicant is an Alliance, please note that leadership for the project must be provided by Alliance members and collaboration with other community groups is strongly encouraged.
Grants for the upcoming fiscal year will be accepted January 1 through February 28, 2018 and will be awarded by May 1, 2018.
Applications are to be submitted using the online form below.
If you have any questions about the grant application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 AHEI Grant Recipients:
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Alliance Heath Education Initiative (AHEI) grantees. The following projects have received funding from AHEI:
- Opioid Awareness Community Education Forum. Kent County Medical Society Alliance, MI. Kent County will host a community educational forum targeting parents of middle and high school students. Education will be focused on prevention efforts and speakers will discuss statistics on opioid users, who is impacted, how to identify behavioral cues in one’s own children, where to find support, and how to properly dispose of prescribed narcotics. A drug take back service will also be available. $1700. Download Report.
- Beat Diabetes Through Education and Outcomes. Community Care Clinic of Rowan County, NC. Professional training will be provided to staff and volunteers in American Diabetes Association’s Conversational Mapping. This training will allow staff to engage patients in a process that allows them to explore health facts through dialogue. Staff and volunteers will then coach approximately 150 diabetics through weekly classes. $1000
- Medication Safety…Count It! Lock It! Drop It! Knoxville Academy of Medical Alliance, TN. The Metro Drug Coalition, local pharmacies and Knoxville Academy of Medical Alliance will work together to distribute prescription medications in bags that are preprinted with a Count It! Lock It! Drop It! message. A total of 75,000 bags are expected to be distributed and 1,500 pounds of medications are expected to be collected and disposed of at accepted sites. $1680.
- Teen Health Project. Washtenaw County Medical Society Alliance, MI. The Alliance will work with the Corner Health Center, University of Michigan medical students, and the Youth Theater Troup on a performance regarding identifying and preventing youth and adult suicides, including bullying and depression. The goal is to educate the community and students on youth and young adult suicidal symptoms, risk factors and resources. $270. Download Report
- Patient Pouch-A-Thon. Greenville County Medical Society Alliance, SC. Two hundred fifty patient activity pouches will be made for pediatric patients at the local children’s hospital. Pouches will contain items to entertain and educate pediatric patients while hospitalized or waiting on healthcare visits. $350
2016 AHEI Grant Recipients:
- Girls Light Our Way (GLOW), Flow Yoga Series, Illinois – $2000
- Sangamon County Medical Society and Alliance, Addressing Burnout in Medical Providers, Illinois – $1000
- Greenville County Medical Society Alliance, “Get Cooking for Better Health”, South Carolina – $1500
- Washington Unicoi Johnson County Medical Alliance, Thermometer Distribution to Indigent Families, Tennessee – $500